Friday, August 20, 2010

Are you ashamed to use small discount coupons for food and sundries at the supermarket?

Saving 8-12% on your grocery bill, especially in this day of wage surpression pitted against price inflation is a WISE thing, so I use coupons without a second thought.





Seems to me that one should be more ashamed for NOT using them...Are you ashamed to use small discount coupons for food and sundries at the supermarket?
Absolutely not. I use them all the time. People who won't use them for the reason you mention often have insecurities and have a need to feel superior to others. They are not usually people I maintain friendships with because, of course, this attitude doesn't stop just there. I save about 12% of the grocery bill with coupons. However, the trick is to not buy stuff just because you have a coupon, but using the coupon for stuff already on the list.Are you ashamed to use small discount coupons for food and sundries at the supermarket?
I worked in a grocery store when I was in college and I was amazed at the amount people saved. When a store doubles coupons, as many do, it was not uncommon for people coming through my line to save anywhere between $20 to over $100 in coupons. That REALLY adds up. And I don't think it has to do with being ashamed, but more with not taking the time or not being in the habit.
My mother was ashamed to use them and I kept on the about it.


then one day this was in 1970 she was had to buy al the food for the family reunion at our house.


so I went with her to the check out 184.84 cents of grocery's for 15 dollars, I never found my stash of coupons after that, I did notice the next trip to the store she had a really huge pile of coupons and some of them resembled mine.


I wonder how that happened?
WHAT??? What's the reason why I should feel ashamed of using discount coupons. Most of the time, we get discount coupons from the magazines or any other publication we buy, so, at the end, I paid for those coupons, I didn't get them at the expense of anyone else.





It's not like using the food stamps that people get *for free* at the expense of the tax payers,.......(just saying!)
Not at all. That's why they are printed and it is only common sense to take advantage of them,. A friend of mine, who thought it was odd that I used them , but decided to give it a try,saved enough in three months of using coupons to buy her husband a typewriter
Not ashamed at all. It's like free money. There have been weeks I have saved over $50 with coupons. I wait until items I have coupons for are on sale and I go purchase them at the market where they double coupons. I have ended up getting items for free this way as well.
Not ashamed at all. If I come across a coupon for a product I need at the time yes I will take it with me but I will not make a special trip to the store to buy 12 of something just because I have a coupon for it.
Nope. The coupons are there so we can use them. Actually by using coupons in certain stores it keeps those products on the shelves for future purchases. So please use your coupons. After all ';A penny saved is a penny earned';.
Those small discounts add up. Lets say you have 5- 20 cent coupons and 3-15 cent ones. These are little amounts, right? But it would take $1.45 off the bill...
No, I'm not.





I'm just wondering why u have one of my accounts blocked when I have received an email from you, would you care to clarify that......
The only Sundries I buy are Sundried Tomatoes and I don't buy a lot of them so there's not much point
Why wouldn't someone use them?


Every little amount helps, even if it's just a few cents.
I use them, what money i saved goes into a jar for a treat when theres enough.
  • lipstick shades
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment